What are MyButtonBuddies?
MyButtonBuddies are cloth pads designed to be worn around the G-tube (Gastrostomy - feeding into the stomach),
J-tube (Jejunostomy - feeding into the small intestines), GJ-tube, and PEGs.
These enteral feeding tubes are also called "buttons". These colorful pads are used in place of medical
gauze that is typically used around the "button". Each cloth pad is about 2 - 2.5 inches
(Note: Previous MyButtonBuddies shown here are no longer available.)
Easy to use.
- Just open and place pad around and under edge of the "button" and secure the soft velcro closure.
- No more buying, cutting and using medical gauze!
- No more sticky tape to irritate sensitive skin.
- Better absorbs leaks from formula and stomach fluids than medical gauze.
- Keeps wearers dryer and more comfortable.
- Better protects clothes from being stained.
- Customers report less granulation tissue when using MyButtonBuddy pads compared to gauze.
- Less need to change and wash clothing due to leakage.
Washable and Reuseable.
- MyButtonBuddy cloth G tube pads are washable and can be used over and over again.
- Wash in any temperature water like any cotton clothing.
- To keep colors bright use any non-clorine bleach or laundry spray to remove stains.
- A laundry bag is helpful to keep these small pads together while washing and drying.
- No more throwing away medical gauze. MyButtonBuddies are a green product, good for the environment.
Fun for Kids
MyButtonBuddies also add a little FUN into the lives of children who need G-tubes or
gastrostomy tubes. The colorful child-friendly designs excite their imagination. Some of the designs
have characters that seem to also have a G-Tube "button" coming from their bellies, like the friendly
frog or silly whale. Or, maybe their "button" is a fire hose nozzle on a fire truck. Younger children can
be distracted with the pad while you clean the stoma, making life less stressful for you.
Children love to choose which different creative ButtonBuddy design they will wear that day. Encouraging early
decision-making in young children is good for their healthy development.
Because MyButtonBuddy pads are so cute and colorful, they make the G-tube "button" look less scary than white medical
gauze to the G-tube child, his/her playmates and anyone the child interacts with. ButtonBuddies look less like a bandage
or a "boo-boo". With MyButtonBuddies, children with G-tubes can have something special for themselves in a happy and positive way.
Practical for Adults as well.
Flesh-colored (ivory, tan, brown) cloth pads are available for adults with a G tube "button" that
are practical and neater looking than medical gauze.
If you have any ideas or questions, we would like to hear from you.
- $4.99 each
- Week supply of seven (7) for $29.99. A discount of 14% or $4.94 savings.
- Shipping within the USA using US Postal Service (USPS) for a low flat rate of $2.99.
- We are willing to ship anywhere in the world. See PayPal for shipping costs when ordering.
- If your country is not listed when ordering, just contact us and we will set it up.
How MyButtonBuddies are made ?
- Three layers of material sewn together:
- Soft fleece next to the skin for comfort and to wisk away moisture.
- Absorbant Cotton terry cloth in the middle to prevent leaks.
- Colorful Fun Designs.
- Soft Velcro closure securely sewn in place.
- Hand made in the USA with Love.
- Washed in Dreft ® detergent for sensitive skin and ready to wear right out of the package.